Obtain your Costa Rica Permanent Resident Investor Status through our Government approved reforestation project.
SPECIFIC BENEFITS USING THIS PROGRAM TO OBTAIN LEGAL STATUS
If the applicant chooses to obtain their Permanent Resident Investor status through this type of project they receive the following benefits:
- Application can be made directly to the Immigration department here in Costa Rica or application can be presented to the Costa Rica consul or embassy closest to applicants home.
- Application is pre-approved. No additional review or approval required from MINAE (El Ministerio del Ambiente y Energia).
- Applicant receives all the rights that a natural born Costa Rica has except can not get politically involved.
- If the applicant(s) chooses to work they are not restricted to working in the field of their investment.
- Applicant is required to be in Costa Rica only 1 day a year. This 1 day facilitates the renewing of the individuals status.
- The time the investor spends in Costa Rica with his legal status is applied towards the time requirement’s in order to obtain a Costa Rica passport. (if desired).
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT INVESTOR STATUS.
A. Investor receives 1 hectare (2.47 acres) of land registered in his or her name.
B. Investor receives full ownership of the valuable teak trees planted on his or her land.
C. Investor receives management contract ensuring the trees and property are maintained to or exceeding standards as outlined by the Costa Rica Forestry engineers.
D. Investor receives full value of the teak timber when harvested.
E. Investor receives right to participate in additional future cycles of replanting / harvesting.
Costs incurred in the processing of the application with Immigration are not borne by the applicant. Legal fees, local documentation and official stamps are included in the investment amount.